Owning a dog is certainly one of the best feelings in the world. One simply cherishes the presence of such a lovely pet. And since you don’t want to lose them, it’s better to look into some of the best wireless dog fences we reviewed. However, at the same time, the dog lover that resides within you knows the importance of keeping your pet safe and happy.
Dog Pets keep moving around and their active personality makes them adorable. But if they are left unsupervised for a little time, they can easily get into trouble due to this playful nature.
Dog owners would agree with us here that dogs literally love going beyond the boundaries of your property.
It magnetizes them a lot. However, this curiosity of theirs can lead them to trouble easily.
Injuries and accidents are pretty normal once your pet is beyond your reach. But obviously, it is impossible to keep your dog inside the home; they simply won’t approve of it and every pet deserves a lot of fresh air and open space. This is where a wireless electric dog fence becomes your best savior.
It is a unique innovation that makes it easier and simpler to keep your dog safe and within the boundaries of your property. You can let your dog enjoy his freedom within the area that is safe for them with the help of the best wireless dog fence. We have compiled the best dog fences for multiple dogs, for large acreage, for small and big dogs.
What is a Wireless Electric Dog Fence?
A pet fence or a dog fence is an electric system that is designed to keep your pet within a boundary. It eliminates the need for a physical barrier for them which annoys them a lot.
There is a transmitter plugged at home and the receiver in the dog collar. A very mild shock is “Triggered” to the dog by the electric dog fence transmitter (controller) when the dog goes out of the dedicated fence radius as shown. The electric shock is extremely mild so you don’t really have to worry about your dog getting harmed at all.
The best Wireless Electric Dog Fence on the market
Our team got their hands on a bundle of electric dog fences and tested them for a good time period so that the best of the best can be presented to you. We have researched and tested dog fences that are suitable for large acres and have also tested ones that are great for large-sized dogs and small ones as well.
However, after testing a lot of different dog fences, we came down to the following conclusion:
Extreme Dog Fence Professional Dog Containment System is the best wireless electric dog fence to invest in. it is the ultimate winner as it has everything that a dog owner needs in a dog fence. Wireless and wired technologies, both, are amalgamated in it and it is completely trustworthy as it keeps your pet within the set boundary.
Why is this dog fence the best?
If your dog wants freedom all the time and you are looking for some peace of mind then The Extreme Dog Fence Professional Containment System is the best bet for you. Here is why it is our ultimate choice and we recommend it highly to all dog owners too:
- This one regains your trust and confidence in dog fences. The quality is top-notch and no matter how much we customize it; it is going to make you feel proud in your investment.
- It stands out because it can be used for unlimited numbers of dogs. If you are looking forward to expanding your dog family then this dog fence is going to be your best bet.
- The coverage it provides is also impeccable. It can be used smoothly up to 10 acres and gives wonderful and long coverage, without any issues. This feature really impressed us and we got swept away.
Pros. & Cons.
- 2-year Warranty
- 10 acres coverage
- Expandable to an unlimited number of dogs
- Temperature Check
- No vibration
- No sound or tone option
Who is it best for?
The Extreme Dog Fence Professional Dog Containment System is great for almost every dog owner. It is incredible for different types of dogs and pet owners:
- For dogs who are 8lbs or over
- People who have great and large properties; 10 acres or even larger-maximum 25 acres
- Pet owners who wish to train their dogs with static stimulation
This is not a good option for pet owners whose dogs are below 8lbs and for people who have properties beyond 25 acres.
The coverage is not an issue because 25 acres is a huge area and thus this dog fence is suitable for a lot of people.
Best electric dog fence for Large acreage
If you have a larger property and you want a large area coverage then the best choice for you is the SportDOG Invisible Dog Fence.
This is one of the most highly expandable dog fences as it is expandable up to 100 acres. It comes with 4 correction levels. You also have the leverage of selecting your very own corresponding training remote with this dog fence. The training tools are also controllable with a remote. There is simply no reason that one can hate this amazing wireless dog fence.
- Expandable coverage area up to 100 acres
- Four levels of correction
- Expandable for multiple types of dogs
- Easy to install
- Operating Guide
Pros. & Cons.
- 100% effective; makes you want to believe in dog fences
- Super expandable
- Vibration, tone and shock training options
- Can be controlled via a remote
- Installation takes time; it is easy to understand but it is a long procedure
- The battery on the collar is a little huge for the dog
Who is this best for?
This wireless dog fence is a blessing for everyone who wants a dog fence for a larger property. It is appropriate for people to want to expand their fence abilities for up to 100 acres. Also, if you want to regain your confidence in dog fences and whether they work or not then this is the best one for you definitely.
Best Wireless dog fence for multiple dogs
If you have a dog that weighs between 8-100 pounds then our team has picked the best of the best dog fence for you. After testing some amazing fences for large dogs, our team came down to the following conclusion that Sit Boo-Boo Advanced In-Ground Dog Fence System is the best dog fence for you.
This dog fence covers up multiple dog sizes within it and we are quite sure that the majority of people can rely on this amazing fence. It comes with a 1-year replacement warranty so you literally have no risks. Check it for yourself; if it doesn’t work, you can go to the company for any issues. It has a very satisfactory rating online so there is nothing much to worry about. Also, check out Dog feeder for multiple dogs.
- 20-acre coverage
- Auto Shutoff for the Collar
- Built-in surge protection
- Supports an unlimited number of collars
- Safety Checker
Pros. & Cons.
- Long-lasting battery
- Very effective
- Completely waterproof
- Outstanding customer service
- The remote trainer might be a little stubborn but you can get it to work if you take a little help from their customer service
Best invisible dog fence for Small Dogs
If you have a dog that is 4-5 pounds or a little more than that size, then our team has selected the PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence for you. Your little pup can play around without being attacked by any neighbors and you can let them out without any worries of accidents.
If you have a small property and a small dog then this is it! You don’t need to look any further than this amazing dog fence. It is also suitable for a bit larger dogs and allows you to set up 5 collars with it. It’s charging time is great; within 2 or 3 hours, your transmitter and receiver are fully charged.
- For 5 pound dogs or above
- No wire technology involved
- 5 levels of static correction
- Tone-only training mode
Pros. & Cons.
- Extremely portable
- Allows good coverage for smaller properties; read all about it and you won’t be disappointed
- 5 different correction levels are great
- The batteries can be a little messy sometimes but you can get it all fixed through the customer service
Who is it best for?
The PetSafe Stay and Play Electric Fence is the best purchase for pet owners who have smaller properties and dogs who weigh 5 pounds or a little more. It is not suitable for you if your pet weighs around 80 or 90 pounds; not at all. Make sure that you read through whatever it offers before picking it. Don’t complain about something that you didn’t understand. It is not perfect for very large dogs.
How does a Wireless Dog Fence Work?
Like mentioned above, the fence has 2 main parts, the receiver, and the transmitter.
The transmitter is plugged into an outlet and the dog collar is the receiver. The transmitter sends frequencies to the collar. You can set the signal distance of the transmitter and the receiver depending on your boundary. If your dog tries to go beyond the boundary that you have set for him then he will receive a short electric shock. The shock is very mild and it is almost like throwing a splash of cold water on your pet. The shock is not at all painful for the dog; it is just a reminder. In other words, it’s humane just like our scat mats.
Some collars do cause irritation to the pet’s skin but this really depends on the quality of the dog fence that you buy. This is why it is very crucial to make a smart choice.
Why dog fence is a need for pet owners?
A wireless electric dog fence is a must-have if you live with a dog.
- It stops the dog from escaping, annoying your neighbors.
- Is a cheaper and less time-consuming option than the physical dog fence.
- Stops your dogs from getting into an area you don’t want them to like for example a pool.
- Dogs tend to get frustrated and aggressive towards people at home when they are given a physical boundary, so it makes your pet feel more independent.
Do electric fences really work?
There is a lot of controversies when it comes to dog fences and whether they really work or not. However, the answer to it is both yes and no. Dog fences are easy to install, setup and they do help in keeping your dog within the boundaries that you have set for them.
However, if you have a pretty stubborn dog breed, like the Houdini then the answer might be a NO. A mild shock might not be just enough for the stubborn dogs to keep them away.
On the other hand, a lot of top-notch quality fences do help in keeping the pet within the set boundaries. Where a lot of pet owners do claim that their fence does work, some people say that it is not helpful all the time and their pet gets used to the shock which means that they don’t feel the urge to back away from the boundary limit. Thus, the answer to do they really work is both a yes and a no.
Things to consider before buying an Electric fence
Shopping for the best electric fence can be confusing and you are not alone in the journey. Almost every dog owner, who wishes to purchase a dog fence, gets into the chaos of what features are the most important to look for. Thus, we have summed up some very important things that one must consider before investing in a dog fence. These will help you in buying the best dog fence system for your pet.
• First, you need to see how much area the dog fence is capable of covering. Fences are usually limited to circular boundaries. Thus, if you have a square of the rectangular yard then Wireless fences might not be the best bet. Also, these work best in smaller areas and are not too efficient in slopped landscapes either. So you know what kind of yard you must have to get a good area covered; circular boundaries are best for dog fences.
• You should also consider the installation procedure. Wireless systems are very quick and easy to install and setup and running just like the dog fountain we reviewed.
• The most important thing to consider is the size of your dog. We kid you not that your dog size matters a lot in making the best pick for your pet because the collar depends on the size. The size of the receiver unit and how much does it weighs play an important role for your dog.
• Next up, there are some specific features that you must look for in an electric wireless dog fence. It is great if it can be waterproof and it must be durable. Also, consider the batteries before investing in one. See whether they are rechargeable or disposable.
• Your budget also defines the type of fence that you can invest in. always search for fences according to your budget. You need to make a proper estimate of how much do you have or can spend on your dog fence. Also, keep in mind that looking for an extremely cheap dog fence can cost you the quality. It won’t be long-lasting. Moreover, you need to keep your pet’s safety in mind.
• It is good to peak into the maintenance that you might have to do. Ongoing maintenance is a common thing in electric fences. You need to pay attention to the charging of the battery of the collar and a washer replacement will also be required after some time. The metal contact points on the collar need to be cleaned on a regular basis so that they don’t get stuck with dirt. This can cause trouble in the receiver picking up the signals.
OTHER DOG FENCES WE REVIEWED
Our team researched and tested 30 other dog fences as well which were not able to make up to the 30 best wireless electric dog fences. But they are still great choices to make and you won’t regret buying any of them. Some of them are budget-friendly and some of them are great perimeter dog fences. Each of them still makes good options to make.
PetSafe Yard Max Pet Fence
PetSafe Yard Max has been designed to deal with your stubborn pup or dog. The correction area of this fence extends infinitely and also shields your dog outside your settled boundary. Thus, it helps in keeping your pet safer than ever.
It has run-through prevention which means that your dog can simply not run over the fence, no matter what he does. Also, it covers up a 10-acre space. So if you have a larger space then you will need a system that has high coverage. Even with its small size, it comes with the required correction levels which makes it a great choice for all the pet owners.
- Waterproof collar
- 5 correction levels
- Surge protector
- Low battery indicator
- You can add up to an unlimited number of dogs
- Not suitable for pets under 5lbs
- The battery is not replaceable
Perimeter Technologies Wire-Free Wi-Fi Dog Fence
This is the best perimeter wireless electric dog fence and comes with 5 correction levels. The entire system is totally waterproof. It also has 2 rechargeable batteries and it comes with 50 boundary flags too. Also, it is adored due to the fact that it is very easy to use. It is a great, water-resistant electric wireless dog fence and is suitable for training your dog to play within the set boundaries.
You also get a free guide with this dog fence which contains tips, tricks and all the instructions that you might need. Our team loved the guide as it had a complete set of guidelines that any pet owner might need. It also has temperature and wire check which both individually prove to be extremely helpful.
- Advanced and high quality
- Completely waterproof system
- Rechargeable batteries
- 5 correction levels
- Includes 50 boundary flags
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Signal reception is a little poor
- Not an affordable option; a little too costly
- Collar battery life is not really impressive
Havahart Wireless Radial-Shaped Fence
This electric fence comes with coverage which is good for small property area. The system is very effective in keeping your dog safe and within a boundary. Havahart is highly recommended for dogs who are above 6 months. It is not a good choice to make if your pet is below 8lbs. it has been designed for dogs of medium and large sizes.
It also has a safety built-in feature and if your dog is going away from the boundary, it won’t correct or shock your dog. Only 2 collars can be synced in with this fence system. The batteries are rechargeable and they last for up to 3 days if you haven’t gotten time to fully charge it. however, it is highly recommended that you let it charge completely before using it so that it lasts longer.
- Very easy to setup
- If you have metal doors then they will make it a little hard for the receiver to catch the signals
- You need to train the dog on daily basis; a lot of us won’t have time for that
PetSafe Stubborn Dog Fence without Wire
As the title suggests, this amazing fence system is great for your stubborn dog. It has been designed while keeping your stubborn dogs in mind and is a good option for anyone who is in search of one, at a good budget. It is great for dogs who have some hearing issues as well.
The PetSafe Stubborn dog fence is a wonderful budget-friendly fence system. Its collar is adjustable and is completely waterproof.
The static correction of this fence is extremely effective. If you train your dog in the right way, with this fence, then your life will be nothing less than bliss. Just with the sound of the beep, your dog will automatically get away from the warning zone. Yes, you will have to spend some time training your dog with this but once you do so; it is all good. This fence has been designed for dogs who are above 8lbs so if your dog is any smaller than it, this one is not your best bet.
- Expandable for multiple types of dogs
- Helps in training hearing-impaired dogs
- 4 level stimulation
- Low battery timings
- Not suitable for small dogs
Free Spirit In-Ground Fence and Underground Wire Containment System
Free Spirit brings in an easy to set up an electric fence system for pet owners. This fence is the only cable of covering up a third of an acre but it is expandable up to an acre. This is actually really less coverage than all the other dog fences that we get around us but there are still a lot of other features that make it a good choice to make.
The system overall is very lightweight and the collar has been designed for the pet’s comfort. It is the best pick for smaller dogs and fits them perfectly. If your dog is above 5lbs; this might not be your best pick to make. It has 5 correction levels and also offers vibration and tone functions.
- Comfortable collar
- Good for smaller breeds
- Adjustable boundaries
- Very limited coverage
NeoPaw Containment System
This wireless system really saves you from a lot of hassle; it is easy to set up and very user friendly. The coverage range is adjustable which allows you to change the boundary of your dog at any time. The transmitter of this electric fence is compatible with up to 3 collars. If you have a complete dog family of 3, then this is a good choice to make. The best part about it is that it comes with 10 levels of correction.
- 10 levels of correction
- Surge protector
- Water-resistant collar
- Completely wireless
- It is not that expandable as it only offers coverage within 2 acres
- The range is circular; not suitable for all types of yards
- A not really good option for pet owners whose homes are close to the roads
If you don’t have a very big yard then this is a good pick for you. It is good for a medium-sized yard and will create a good play area for your little yard. With simply no hassle of installation, this fence is easy to set up and you can start using it within a matter of an hour. Also, it is portable which means that you can take this one anywhere you want to.
PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence is very effective and works best for smaller dogs. So if you have a small or medium-sized dog, then this is a good pick to make. It is not a good pick for people who own larger dogs and yards. The collar is rechargeable and the transmitter provides better coverage than the previous version of this dog fence.
- 5 levels of static correction
- Absolutely no hassle of wires
- Good coverage
- Transmitter might be a little problematic but it is easy to solve
- Takes an hour or more for installation
AsyPets Advanced High-Performance Wireless Pet Containment System
If you have to adjust the boundary for your pet now and then, then this is the best for you. This one also allows you to customize the shape of the fence, unlike any other electric fence.
- Very easy to set up and install
- You can add as many collars as you want
- Just 1-year warranty; a bit limited than most of the dog fences
- The battery time is not that great
PetSafe Pawz Away Pet Barriers
This is one of the most unique electric fences and is designed for pet owners who have a smaller yard. The transmitter is totally wireless and it uses 4D batteries. The collar is extremely lightweight and is water-resistant too. It comes with an auto shut-off feature and is best for small-sized dogs.
PetSafe Pawz Away Barrier is suitable for indoor usage and provides coverage of 2-12 diameter. If your yard is that small then this might be okay for your outdoor use too. The progressive static correction begins from the lowest level and goes to its maximum within 3 seconds. The collar starts sending the correction to the pet after 15 seconds. If the pet gets away from the warning zone, the correction shuts off automatically.
- High-frequency warning tone
- Auto shutoff collar
- Extremely small coverage range
- If your pet is very furry; the shock might not even affect them. You need to shave them off
PetSafe Elite Little Dog In-Ground Fence
Elite Little Dog wireless fence is great for small pups. It is going to handle all dogs that weigh as little as 5 lbs. It is good for dogs who have a collar size of 6-26 inches. The collar of this fence comes with a reflective strip that helps you in locating your pup even in the dark. This is one of the best dog fences that work for dogs under 8lbs. You can add as many dogs on this fence as you want to but you will have to buy collars for them.
This one comes with run-through protection which enhances the level of static correction and keeps the dog away from the warning zone. The transmitter is strong and has internal protection which protects it from all sorts of damage.
- The reflective strip on the collar is really good
- Creates keep-out areas too
- Surge protectors
- Low battery indication
- 4 levels of correction
- Doesn’t work for dogs under 5lbs; they also include in small pups but they are not counted in this
- Uses special RFA-188 batteries
DOGTEK Underground Pet Containment System
DOGTEK is a great brand in the name of the best wireless electric dog fences. You can use this fence for multiple dogs and different kinds of pets. It is easy to set up and starts using it. It comes with a set of different wires which make it easier to fix anytime you want to. It is great for dogs who weigh between 20-200lbs dogs. Being budget-friendly, it allows you to put aside the costly options without comprising on the quality.
The collar of the DOGTEK system is water-resistant and has up to 8 levels of correction. You get 50 training flags and 2 pairs of contact points along with the containment system. Also, it comes with one energizer battery too which lasts for 6 months.
- Has a great range of dog sizes
- Comes with multiple wires
- Not good for dogs under 20lbs
FunAce Radio Wave Electric Dog Fence System
This is a FunAce electric wireless dog fence and it has a new radio wave electric technology. It has a really smart installation and also comes with a rechargeable kit. This in-ground fence is super easy to set up and comes with a manual that covers all the basics and details that the pet owner would want to know about. The best part is that the company provides you complete support so if you don’t understand anything while installing it, you can contact their customer services.
The transmitter of this dog fence comes with wall mount screws and it is recommended if you set up the transmitter in a garage. Also, this doesn’t need proper training either. Thus, if you don’t have time to train your pet on a daily basis for a fence, then this is your pick to make.
- Good for all sized dogs; small, medium and large
- Chargeable kit
- Great support
- The coverage area is not defined
KoolKani Remote Dog Training Shock Collar
This is a great brand in the world of dog fences. You are able to train 3 dogs at one time, with this dog fence. It also has a multi-compatible collar so you can use it for unlimited dogs. The remote range is also good; 1200 meters. It is a hybrid fence which means that it has an in-ground and underground system both.
The collar of KoolKani is capable of withstanding tough situations and weather conditions as its built-in quality is simply remarkable. It is completely water and weather resistant. The best part about this fence is that it has a progressive tone and vibration stimulus to keep the dog within the specified area.
- Trains up to 3 dogs at a time
- 1200 meter remote range
- You might need a little help in understanding how it works; not that tough though
Earlyhights Invisible Dog Fence
This is a great brand that has been creating products for pets for a long time. This electric fence of Earlyhights is capable of providing a safety boundary coverage of up to 10 acres. The best part, it comes with a great eBook which explains everything that you need to know about the fence and how it works.
The transmitter of the fence is quite powerful and it provides coverage of up to 10 acres. Also, it gets fully charged within 3 hours. The batteries of the fence can be charged up to 400 times before they require a replacement. It works for all dogs; whether they are small, medium or large-sized. The training collar doesn’t outgrow your dog; it has been designed wonderfully.
- Long-lasting battery time
- Comes with a guide
- Manages up to 2 dogs
- Not a good choice for dogs under 8lbs
PENSON & CO. Digital Electronic Wireless Dog Fence
This is an indoor dog fence and our team absolutely fell in love with this one. It is great for keeping your dog away from certain areas within your home. It is a wonderful and highly recommended indoor dog fence.
With PENSON & CO. you don’t need to keep your dog bounded to a certain place in the home; let them wander freely. It works similarly to all portable fences. You just have to collar your dog and set up the transmitter. Training your dog is very essential with the fence so that your dog knows his limits and where to stay away from.
- Great for keeping your pet away from your furniture and other areas within the home
- Covers 12 feet diameter
- Suitable for medium to large-sized dogs
- Not for outdoor usage; only indoor
- Cannot be used for small-sized dogs
CO-Z Wireless Electric Dog fence with a remote trainer
CO-Z brings one of the best and simple electric fences to install and use. You just need to train your pup with this a bit and once they understand it; you are freed from all worries. Your dog will start responding to the warning tone on his own. It comes with 6 levels of intense training and once you are able to train your pet, you will see that this dog fence is very effective.
Also, it is quite portable so you can take it along with you, anywhere you go. Whether you are going out to the park or maybe you are heading out for a vacay, you can keep this along and make a safe boundary for your pet, wherever you go. CO-Z is designed for simplicity of installation and usage which makes it a minimalistic inspired product.
- Easy installation
- Vibration and static correction
- Collar vibrations can be a little too much for your pet; adjust them
- Best for indoor usage
PetPi Containment System
Looking for a stress-free installation? Well, PetPi is the ultimate answer to your worries. It is super easy to install and trains your dog smartly. It provides a 500-meter coverage radius and the battery time is super long-lasting. It is completely free from the hassle of flags, wires and makes the setup process super easy. You just need to plug in the transmitter and you are good to run the system.
The best part is that one transmitter can pair up with unlimited collars. So if your dog family grows; you just need to invest in collars. However, a little training is required and you will have to invest some time on a daily basis to make your pet understand that they have a permitted area now. It has a battery life of seven days which is impressive and makes it a good choice to make.
- Super easy to install
- Rechargeable collar
- The coverage might not be amazing for people with large properties
WXLAA Wireless Electric Pet Fence
This wireless electric fence is another amazing, easy to install a fence that makes your life as a pet owner, very easy. It allows you to set your own radius too from 0-200 meters. You have to program the correction levels on your own; according to what you want for your pet and then place the training flags in accordance too.
Your dog will require some days to get used to it and you will have to train your dog with it but once that is done, you are good to leave them free and let them be on their own. It is normal for dogs to take some time to understand that they have a specific permitted area and you will have to put in a little effort too.
- 100 levels of correction
- 3 levels of electric shocks
- Easy to install
- 200 diameter radius coverage; pretty less
- Some weeks training might be hard for pet owners to manage
Simple Pet Invisible Wireless Containment System
This is definitely one of the best wireless dog fences that pet owners can invest in. It has been created wonderfully and is easy to install. It is a semi-corded system and provides coverage of up to 25 acres. Also, it comes with a lifetime guarantee and a 100% product refund, at any time.
You need to spend some time, training your pup with this dog fence. It does require a little effort but once you have trained your pet; everything is good to manage and you won’t have to worry about them getting into unwanted accidents ever again. The invisible barrier created by this fence is wonderfully effective and does help in keeping the dog within the limited area.
- Covers up to 25 acres
- 100% product refund
- Lifetime guarantee
- Powerful transmitter
- Requires a few weeks training
- The receiver lacks efficiency sometimes
Pet Control HQ Wireless Electric Dog Fence System
This is a hybrid system that means that it is both wired and wireless fence. It is easy to install and is very flexible. It is not important to dig the wires as you can set it up as a wireless fence too. It can be used for all sized dogs, be they small or large or extra-large dogs. This dog fence only offers you a coverage of 10 acres; if your property fits within this area then it is a good pick for you to make. This dog fence can be used for multiple dogs so if you have more than one dog, then this is going to be a good pick to make. Pet Control HQ is pretty simple and easy to install too.
- Can be easily adapted for multiple dogs
- Useable for small to large-sized dogs
- Easy to setup
- 10 acres is not an ideal coverage area
- The collar strap is not that great
- A little too costly
Fencing is very crucial for dogs and every pet owner must pay attention to it. However, normal fences are not a big issue for dogs to jump over. This is where these fences help in keeping the pets safe and sound. They make it easier to create a boundary for your dog and keep them away from all sorts of accidents and fusses.
Wireless fences are humane and they are very effective in keeping the dogs within your desired boundary. While there is a huge variety in the market these days, there are some amazing electric fences that stand out and make your life easier. Our team has worked extremely hard to bring the best wireless dog fences for you. Thus, make a smart pick and invest in the best one. Make sure that you invest a handful of money in the fence because the top-notch quality ones are usually costly. Choose the best for your pet and be stress-free.